Posted inBaseball

‘Blackballed’ former MLB star Trevor Bauer’s McLaren appears wrecked in scary car crash

Former Cy Young Award winner Trevor Bauer appears to have come out of a scary situation no worse for wear.

The ex-MLB all-star was involved in a car crash but escaped unharmed after his McLaren sports car was T-boned by another vehicle on Wednesday in Arizona.

In photos and video released by TMZ Sports, Bauer is seen standing next to his wrecked vehicle – which is on the sidewalk — and talking to police officers.

Debris from the accident is scattered along the road for several hundred metres.

The outlet reports that Bauer was not at fault for the crash, and that a source close to Bauer reportedly said that he was driving in the 45 mph (72 km/h) zone when another driver crashed into him and sent his McLaren spinning out of control.

The other driver also did not require treatment at a hospital. It was not immediately clear if any charges would be laid over the incident.

Bauer currently is a member of the Long Island Ducks of the independent Atlantic League and had been in Arizona while rehabbing a back injury.

What did the Ducks say?

Ducks president Michael Pfaff made a statement about the incident on social media Thursday morning, saying that the team is aware of the incident involving Bauer.

“We are aware Trevor Bauer was in a car accident Wednesday afternoon,” the statement said, adding that the pitcher is receiving treatment for back spasms in Arizona, where he lives.

“We have communicated with Trevor and his camp and are thankful to hear he is OK,” the post continued. “He will continue his rehabilitation and there remains no timeline for his return to the field.

Why isn’t Bauer pitching in the Majors?

During his MLB career, Bauer pitched for Arizona, Cleveland, Cincinnati and the L.A. Dodgers, compiling a record of 83-69 with a 3.79 ERA.

However, Bauer hasn’t pitched in the majors since being suspended in 2021 over sexual assault allegations, which he was later cleared of.

Bauer initially was placed on administrative leave before eventually being suspended for 324 games — which was reduced to 194 upon appeal.

While Bauer is eligible to sign with any of the 30 MLB franchises, the pitcher claims that he has been blackballed since getting hit with the allegations.

In 2024, Bauer claimed that it was “an MLB decision” whether he ever signs with another team, though the league denied it in a statement obtained by the Daily Mail.

In a recent bid to work his way back to the Majors, Bauer offered his services for free to any MLB franchise – which no team apparently has taken up.

In recent years, he has pitched in Japanese and Mexican pro leagues.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *