Posted inMMA / Wrestling

UFC legend ‘Rampage’ Jackson breaks silence on son’s brutal attack on wrestler

After his son nearly beat a man to death, former UFC champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson has opened up about the shockingly vicious attack.

Jackson’s son, Raja, brutally assaulted professional wrestler Syko Stu – real name Stuart Smith – during an event last weekend, which left the former U.S. army vet in critical care.

“I feel bad about what happened to Syko Stu. I don’t condone what my son did at all,” Rampage said during a livestreamed video late Tuesday. “I’m gonna let justice play out. Ain’t much I can do on that side … I just wish I could’ve been there.”

Rampage also said he could’ve stopped the incident from happening if he had been present.

The incident, which was streamed live on Raja’s Kick channel and then went viral on social media, began when the son of the ex-UFC champion left his ringside seat during a wrestling event at KnokX Pro Academy in Los Angeles Saturday and entered the ring to confront Smith.

Jackson picked up Syko Stu and slammed him to the mat, appearing to knock him unconscious. He then rained down 22 vicious punches to Stu’s head and face before several wrestlers came to stop the attack.

WARNING: Graphic violence and language

Jackson added he isn’t shying away from his parental duties to his son, saying he will support Raja in this “hard moment.

“I’m doing what any father would do, which is being a father in hard moments like this,” Jackson said. “Sometimes, you’re proud of your kids and sometimes you’re not proud of your kids, but at the end of the day you’re still a father.

“Hopefully, one day I can meet Syko Stu and shake his hand. I hope he can forgive me — as a dad — for not understanding everything.”

According to TMZ, Los Angeles police are investigating the incident after “cops were called to the wrestling event Saturday night and took a police report.”

Rampage also claimed that he has been subject to death threats and racist comments since the incident — specifically from the MMA Guru social media account.

“People like MMA Guru, that guy is supposed to be some kind of journalist and his racism came out,” Jackson said. “His racism showed. It’s 2025. People do s—. Some people f— up. It shouldn’t turn into race.”

MMA Guru fired back at the claim in a post on X.

“I call an attempted murderer a dumb animal,” MMA Guru responded on social media. “Rampage calls me racist for it. … Your own victim mindset is probably what made your son bulliable by teenagers.”

A GoFundMe page has been launched to help support Smith.

The page said that Smith is a “U.S. army veteran who used wrestling as an outlet to deal with his PTSD” and that the incident “has not only caused major physical harm, but will also disrupt his career inside the ring and outside of it.”

Donations will help Smith with uncovered medical expenses, recovery support and loss of income.

As of Wednesday afternoon, it had raised $154,000 US toward an updated goal of $200,000.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *